The Hamper Challenge has returned after several years of hiatus! Revamped in 2019, the Hamper Challenge consisted of local media personalities living off a two-week hamper and updating daily about their experience.
This year the challenge will run from March 1 to 28, 2020 and we are inviting EVERYONE in the community to participate!
The challenge will mainly be showcased on Facebook to keep it all on one platform and to manage shareability – everyone is welcome to follow along on the journeys of the participants!
- To showcase what is received in a typical single hamper (split in two – as in reality we provide for a whole month.)
- To encourage people to donate healthy food options to the WBFB (our mission is to provide the most nutritional hampers possible) on a daily basis and during Food Drives.
- To create awareness of dietary restrictions (celiac, diabetes, low sodium, vegetarian, etc.) and how the WBFB tries to accommodate to these (if applicable/any participants have these restrictions).
What participants provide:
- A commitment to do the challenge over a two-week period in March.
- Updates on your experience living off the provided hamper (short video, Facebook/Insta stories, photos, etc.)
- A photo and small write-up as to why you are participating in the challenge, so that we can announce/spotlight all participants leading up to the challenge!
What we provide:
- A shopping list of what food is provided for the two-week hamper.
- Social media support around the event, as well as sharing and liking updates.
- A spotlight on your participation.
- Information on the Wood Buffalo Food Bank and its programs that you may like to include/share during your challenge.
Participants can only eat what is provided on the list during their two-week period – no supplementing with additional food/drink!
If a participant “cheats” and eats anything else than what is provided in the hamper, they must come clean and announce it, and explain why they did so. (Example: in a previous challenge a participant went to a catered event and ate the food.)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information!
Who can participate:
Any local community member that would like to take part! * Must be okay with making posts about the challenge public on Facebook. *
We can accommodate the list to reflect allergies and food restrictions.
February 21 : All participants confirmed & registration deadline.
February 26 : Grocery lists sent out to all participants who require them.
February 28 : Photo and brief write-up deadline.
March 1 : Challenge kick-off!
March 1 – March 28 : Challenge updates shared, participant spotlights.
March 28 : Challenge ends!
TBD : Group wrap-up/share experiences.